1. “Colleen Cowley” is not my normal, everyday name. It is a family name of sorts, though.
2. In my teens, I wrote a really awful high fantasy with a portal and many other clichés. And then I took a novel-writing break that I thought would be permanent.
3. As much as I love The Hobbit, my favorite sort of fantasy is present-day. Because there’s such possibility in the idea that something magical could be happening right under your nose.
4. Regarding No. 3: After I zipped through the first four Harry Potter books and waited impatiently for the fifth, I would occasionally dream I was at Hogwarts.
5. I live with my family beside a possibly magical forest. My wardrobe, though, is perfectly ordinary.